Highlighted
keithclimbs
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 5, 2020

Bose solo 5 remote does not control volume

I connected my new Bose solo 5 speaker to my Vizeo flatscreen TV using the optical cable.  I synced the bose remote using the code provided.  It changes the TV channels but does little else, including volume control.

If I play music from my smartphone using the bluetooth link, i can only hear it at a very low volume.

I have played with updates to the solo software and the audio drivers on my computer.  I am getting close to giving up and sending it back to amazon.

Keith

1 REPLY 1

Re: Bose solo 5 remote does not control volume

Hi Keith

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Solo 5 volume controls and I would be happy to help with this.

To clarify, does the Bose remote control anything on the soundbar, like the power? 

Also, does the LED respond when we press the volume buttons on the remote? The light on the soundbar should blink when it receives a volume command.

When connected via Bluetooth, you should also be able to adjust the volume from your smartphone to increase the volume level, are we able to do this?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support