Bose solo 5 soundbar

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Bose solo 5 soundbar

Bose solo 5 soundbar, hooked up to Sony Bravia 4K smart TV and remote works to turn the soundbar on / off, and once I use the cable remote to turn on the cable & TV, it will change the channels, sound up / down, and work the DVR. It WON'T turn the TV & cable on / off. I've tried the instructions below several times, but no luck. Suggestions welcome, especially since the man at the store said "absolutely, plug and play!" 

Thanks!

https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/programming-your-remote-solo-15-ii.html 

5 REPLIES

Re: Bose solo 5 soundbar

Hi Chinarider,

Thanks for writing in!  Sorry to hear about the remote issues, but would be happy to help!

For some reason, the link you provided doesn't lead anywhere.  But are you referring to customizing the power button on the remote?  Have you tried pressing and holding down the CBL and TV button for about 10 seconds until they triple blink?  This will tie the main power button to the cable box and TV for an all on/off command.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Silent Starter

The most it will do is tie in the sound bar and cable box, but not the TV.

Hi Chinarider,

Thanks for the update!  

Let's make sure that there is nothing in line of site from the remote to the TV.  Sometimes, tall objects on a coffee table or something blocking the bottom of the TV can obscure the signal, and make it hard to get the all on/off commands to work appropriately. 

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Silent Starter

Given that I’ve said some functionality is working, that’s not really a useful response. I have followed the user manual many times. Now the Bose remote will turn on the cable and sound bar, but not the TV.

Hi Chinarider,

I would recommend reaching out to your local support group at this point since there is no further troubleshooting we can provide over the forum.  Just click HERE and select your country and Contact Us at the bottom of the page.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A