Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 15, 2020

Bose sound dock series 1 bluetooth adapter

I have an older sound dock series 1 and want to put bluetooth on.

Is there any particular bluetooth that I have to use since it doesn't work with a bluetooth that I use for my sound dock series 2.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Bose sound dock series 1 bluetooth adapter

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jayden

Thanks for your response Jayden. 

Do you mean the Dock part of the system? I would assume so as you can charge your Apple devices whilst they are docked on the system. 

If there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out to us again! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Hi Jayden,

With the original SoundDock, there was never a Bluetooth adapter made for it, so there isn't a particular one you would want to use. The adapters for newer systems like the series 2 one you have would not be compatible with the series 1, as you have found.

It may be possible to find a 3rd party Bluetooth adapter you could use with it, but I wouldn't be able to say for certain how well this would work, or if it would be possible to get up and running.

If any other members of the community have found a way to make the series 1 SoundDock work with Bluetooth, please do let us know! We'd love to hear how you did this!

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 15, 2020

Thank you Keith for replying my post.

With sound dock series 1 is there any power come out the pin? I mean bluetooth adapter requires power to turn it on.

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jayden

Thanks for your response Jayden. 

Do you mean the Dock part of the system? I would assume so as you can charge your Apple devices whilst they are docked on the system. 

If there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out to us again! 

View solution in original post