i want to operate it from windows and play youtube from my PC

is it possible?

if so , please tell how?

Thanks

EA

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bose speaker 500 windows application

Hello EA99,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

You can most certainly connect your Home Speaker 500 to your Windows PC. This can be achieved through Bluetooth. The same way that you connect your phone, you can connect your PC. 

Pop the speaker into pairing mode by holding the Bluetooth button for a few seconds until the screen displays "Ready to connect". Then, go to the Settings option on your PC and proceed to connect a Bluetooth device. Depending on which version of Windows you are running, this can be found under Devices > Bluetooth & other devices> Add Bluetooth or other devices. This means that any audio played on your PC will play through the connected device.

Let me know if you have any problems with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

EA99
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

My computer windows 10 does not detect the speaker.

i tried 2 computers

Hi EA99, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! I am deeply sorry to hear that you are having this issue, this is something that should work as I have just tested this myself. 

Can you please confirm that you are placing the speaker into pairing mode via the steps that are listed above by Charlotte_G? Are you able to connect any other Bluetooth devices to the PC at all or is the issue with only the Home Speaker 500? 

I would recommend that you clear the pairing list for the Bluetooth connections on the Home Speaker 500 by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button on the top of the speaker for around 10 seconds until the screen prompts you that the list is cleared, once this is done can you please attempt the connection again? 

I look forward to hearing back from you in regard to this and if any other community members have had and resolved this issue via a different method please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B