Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2020

Bose901/III

Good afternoon

Can somone explain how to best connect the Equalizer of the speakers 901/III to the Onkyo TX8250 B Stereo Receiver?.    I understand that the Equalizer is still needed?.

Before I had them connected to the Bose Spatial Control Receiver but this one has seen its days. I have the speakers for over 40 years and they still are excellent.

Regards

Roland

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Bose901/III

Author Accepted Answer selected by RJP

Thanks for updating us on this RJP. 

From what I can see this would be the only way to have this set up. 

If any other users in the community are able to provide some insight on their setups, please do post below! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Hi Roland,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

You definitely will want to use the equalizer with the speakers to make sure you are getting the best possible sound from your speakers.

To work out how best to connect your speakers to your equalizer I would recommend checking out the diagrams in the manual. These will show you what connections will be best to use with your receiver!

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2020

Connection of Equalizer

Hello Keith

As my new Onkyo Receiver has no Tape Monitor connectors, the local Bose Dealer connected the Equalizer to the TV/Tape connector on the receiver and to the Record player.

This seem to work but would there be another way to connect by means of an "adaptor" to improve the performance.?

Regards

Roland

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by RJP

Thanks for updating us on this RJP. 

From what I can see this would be the only way to have this set up. 

If any other users in the community are able to provide some insight on their setups, please do post below! 

View solution in original post

Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2020

Thanks  for the confirmation. I still enjoy the great sound of these speakers

Regards Roland

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 2, 2020

Re: Connection of Equalizer

You can use the Bose 901's with most any modern receiver. You do not need tape monitor jacks (in & out) to use the Bose 901's with your stereo. Just buy a $20 switcher: RCA or GE Pro 4-Device Audio/Video Switch available through Wal-Mart and on line. The Bose equalizer plugs into the switcher, the switcher into any input jack on your receiver and then you can choose (on the switch box) up to 4 devices to play (CD, FM radio, computer, Sirus/XM radio, etc.).