Highlighted
bvdpa
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 2, 2019

Can't Link SoundLink Air with my Mac after upgrade to Mac OS 10.15.1 (Catalina)

I can't link my SoundLink Air with my Mac after I updated the Mac OS to Catalina 10.15.1.

I attempted to download and use the Bose wifi setup app but a message was displayed that the app is not compatible with Catalina and needs to be updated.

I then attempted to use the reset button on my SoundLink Air but that just caused the unit to keep flashing the amber wifi light.

Thanks for any help.

3 REPLIES 3
garrisop
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 10, 2019

Re: Can't Link SoundLink Air with my Mac after upgrade to Mac OS 10.15.1 (Catalina)

I have the same problem.  I updated to 10.15.0 a while ago, and then to 10.15.1.  The bluetooth connection just drops out every now and then, but my external Macbook speakers don't pick up the sound. I'm hoping Bose will come out with a fix soon.  Love my headphones, but I can't use them with my laptop anymore.

Re: Can't Link SoundLink Air with my Mac after upgrade to Mac OS 10.15.1 (Catalina)

Hello, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your SoundLink Air Digital Music System connecting to your Mac. 

Is it just via WiFi you are experiencing issues with audio?

Do you get any audio if you connect your SoundLink Air to your computer via AUX?

I would suggest in performing a reboot of your Mac, this can be beneficial after performing an update to help correct any minor processing errors. 

Do let us know, we would love to get this resolved for you. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M - Community Support 

garrisop
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 10, 2019

Already did all that, unless you mean something else by “reboot,” like maybe “reset to factory?” Don’t know what you mean by connecting via AUX, either. I connected my headset to my Mac via usb to upgrade its software, but I don’t know any other way to connect it to my Mac’s sound system other than Bluetooth, which, of course, requires WiFi.

It’s the upgrade to Mac OS 10.15 that caused the problem. Soundlink connects just fine with my PC and my iPad. And it connects just fine to my Mac. (Yes, I re-paired it already, several times, and I erased all my other Bluetooth connections beforehand as well.) It just won’t STAY connected. Keeps disconnecting at random intervals. To reconnect, I have to turn off Bluetooth on my Mac, turn it on again, reconnect. Then a few minutes later, it drops again. Meanwhile, Mac external speakers remain on mute.  

Love the headset. It has never malfunctioned before. I think the problem is with Apple.