Tinks
Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2021

Ceiling speakers

Dear all

I am hoping for some help. We have moved into a new house which has 2 Bose ceiling speakers. I cannot find a connection to these wired or Bluetooth/WiFi. I believe they maybe quite old. 

It would be a shame for them not to be used. I asked the previous owners how they used them - they mentioned an AMP connected to Alexa. Can’t anyone offer any advise on this? Which amp? 
I’m from the Bluetooth/WiFi generation and feeling confused!! 

many thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
Vicky_W

Re: Ceiling speakers

Hello Tinks, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums. 

Let's get these speakers identified so you can use them. Could you please attach a picture for me? This way I can identify them for you?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Tinks
Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2021

Thank you for the reply. I have attached a picture below. 

94DDA815-C1AE-48A7-958D-BFDBAC9370A1.jpeg

Jessie_O

Thanks, Tinks!

There are a few speakers it could be. I have linked pages to our website so you have as much information as possible about the different ones.

791 II 

Let me know if there is anything else we can do for you! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Tinks
Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2021

Thank you. 

I believe the speakers to be 791 according to the pictures and online info! Cannot find an input ?! 

this is going to annoy me!! 

Charlotte_G

@Tinks The speakers themselves are passive. This means that they are not powered, and require an external power source (amplifier/receiver). You won't be able to find an audio input directly from them. If they're already wired, they will be connected to an amp. If an amp is missing, then you'll need to connect an amp before you're able to use them. I hope this helps! 

If you need help with adding an amplifier, let us know and we'll be happy to help.