Highlighted
Silent Starter
  • 0
  • 1
  • 0
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

Charging cord sparked a small fire

Charging cord manufactured by Bose nearly caused a fire in our home!  Everyone smelled the smoke and an electric charge was in the air, but we couldn’t find the source immediately. Then my son saw the smoke. 
it was the charging cord for a mini Bose speaker that we’ve had less than one year. It burned a black mark in the wood desk it was on, and the cord end is melted. 
If we had not been at home, I guarantee it would have started a fire in our home. 

 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: Charging cord sparked a small fire

Hi Steftrainer,

 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear what has happened with the charging cord for your speaker.

 

We take all safety concerns very seriously at Bose and as such, I would highly recommend getting in touch with your local support team, so they can investigate this further with you.

 

 You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

 

Obviously I do encourage you not to use the charging cable and to get in touch as soon as you can.

 

I hope this helps.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.