The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Bose Customer Service Team
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
  • 0
  • 1
  • 0
Registered since

May 23, 2021

Companion 2 Series II input cables

What type of cables are needed to connect the Companion 2 Series II to a computer? Bose's website has info on the Series III but not the Series II. I found a website claiming to have the manual for the Series II, but there was some info that I could not find:


What is the diameter of the RCA audio input jacks on the right speaker?


The manual says that it comes with an "RCA audio input cable" and a "Mini-plug audio input cable", but does not list the diameter of either.


Also, my computer has a headphone out on the front, but does not appear to have paired red and white (with white above red) RCA outputs. On the back, my computer has a cluster of six connections labeled "audio side", "audio rear",  "audio C/sub", "Mic", "Line out", and "Line in". The only white above red is the white "audio side" above the red "mic".



Bose Companion 2 Series II

United States




P.S. I am also interested in connecting my Creative Sound Blaster E1 Headphone Amplifier to the Bose Companion 2 speaker system, but I'm not sure what cable to use to connect the output from the SoundBlaster to the input on the speakers.




Re: Companion 2 Series II input cables

Hello Tifforon and welcome to the Community. I will be happy to help you with getting more information. 

The Companion 2 Series II speakers would require a 3.5 mm-to-dual-RCA cable, to connect from your computer's headphone output to the RCA connections of the speakers. 
This cable is provided with the speakers as standard. 

Looking at the connections on the Sound Blaster you mentioned, It looks like that device uses a 3.5 mm output for headphones as well

If you are looking to connect the Sound Blaster E1 to your Companion 2 speakers. You would need the same cable, a 3.5 mm-to-dual-RCA cable. 

If you have any further questions, please do reach out! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!