Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Companion 2 Series III - volume keeps changing

My speakers have started going slightly louder or quieter at will, sometimes only for a second, other times for longer. I've checked the connections and all's well. Any ideas anyone?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Companion 2 Series III - volume keeps changing

Hi Nicktooley, 

Thank you for your post and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you seem to be having with your Companion 3 Series III's volume. I'll be happy to help!

Have you tried resetting your system? You can do this by unplugging it for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in.

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Hi - yes I've tried that thanks but it's still changing the volume up and down at will. Is it likely to be faulty?

Highlighted

Thanks for clarifying @nicktooley. That does sound quite strange! Does this volume issue happen when listening to all sources of audio on your computer?

Have you tried connecting another audio device to the speakers via AUX? If so, do you encounter the same issue?

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Sam - it does occur with both systems I use (PC and xBox One, it seems to be more prevalent on the PC when listening to music.

It's plugged in through the monitor so it works autmatically with both PC and xBox, might this be the cause? I'll try to plug in through the PC to see if I can eliminate the connection.

Highlighted

Thank you for clarifying, @nicktooley.

I would recommend connecting the speakers directly into the PC connection port, to see if this gives you more control over the system. Also, if possible, connect the speakers to any other devices using an AUX port, to see if the control is affected at all. Let me know how you get on!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Sam - apologies for the delays. I've currently got the speakers plugged directly into the PC and the volume is still fluctuating. I'll try and find some other devices.