Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akbob
Participant
Registered since

May 7, 2020

Companion 2 series III CD player connected through aux input

Want to know if it's possible to tie-in a tablet and CD drive through the speakers.  Is that possible through the laptop & aux ports?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Companion 2 series III CD player connected through aux input

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hi akbob,

Welcome! Thanks for the question!

You can indeed connect your devices with the two available audio input ports!

It is designed to be able to have 2 inputs connected to the speaker for you to use them with, so you can absolutely have both of those connected, as long as they are able to connect to the 3.5mm jack inputs on the speakers.

While they are designed with one of the connections being a computer in mind, any device with the correct connection can be connected so you will be able to use them with your CD player and tablet as well!

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Keith_L
Community Manager

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hi akbob,

Welcome! Thanks for the question!

You can indeed connect your devices with the two available audio input ports!

It is designed to be able to have 2 inputs connected to the speaker for you to use them with, so you can absolutely have both of those connected, as long as they are able to connect to the 3.5mm jack inputs on the speakers.

While they are designed with one of the connections being a computer in mind, any device with the correct connection can be connected so you will be able to use them with your CD player and tablet as well!

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

rosen.g@sbcglobal.net
Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2020

The speakers are not being recognized in Windows 10.  I have tried going through the device manger and it is not there.  

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi rosen.g,

Because the speakers connect using a 3.5mm cable, they won't show as a separate audio device on the device manager. To use them you'll most likely need to use your computer's default speaker/headphones when choosing your audio device.

I hope this helps!