Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

Companion 20 left speaker 'extension cord'

Hello all.

Wondering if a standard male/female 5.5mm DC power cord (without power module, just the cord) will work as an extension cord for the left speaker on Companion 20.  The attached cord is just a bit short for my application.

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Companion 20 left speaker 'extension cord'

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hi cbr50, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. We only recommend that you use the power module and cord that is supplied with the system. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hi cbr50, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. We only recommend that you use the power module and cord that is supplied with the system. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Participant
Registered since

May 22, 2020

Hi, If you are still looking for the DC extension cord, try this: 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-6-extension-dc-cable-kit-black/6305513.p?skuId=6305513&ref=212...

Participant
Registered since

Nov 10, 2020

The accepted solution does not answer the question. They were asking for a left speaker extension cable and you told them to only use the provided power module and cable.

I also have the same problem in that the audio cable supplied to connect the left speaker is far too short for where I wish to place the left speaker. As the speaker cable uses a non-standard connector for audio, it is not obvious how to correctly solve this problem. No additional accessories are listed on the Bose website i.e. 5m left speaker extension cable.

Participant
Registered since

Dec 24, 2020

I am the owner of a Companion 20 Speaker system and also need an EXTENSION CABLE for the LEFT SPEAKER.  I cannot understand why Bose does not have such accessory item so desirable.

Participant
Registered since

Jan 5, 2021

I also need an extension to further separate these speakers. Where can we purchase one? Or will a power cable work since the end appears to be a power adapter type plug? Let's go Bose, you sold us a pair of speakers and we would like to use them in our desired arrangement that your limited cable does not allow. 

Participant
Registered since

Jan 5, 2021

I've tried to order an extension by phone, out of stock and told to call back in a few weeks. They are unable to take an order unless it is currently in stock (only 11 were available and apparently that wasn't enough to part with one). I call back a few weeks later and just sit on hold for 15+ minutes. This is not acceptable Bose. Has anyone taken the plunge and CUT the stupid cable to splice in some extra length? About to give up on this BOSE quality product that you can't separate your speakers more than the amount they say.

Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2021

really Bose? I too am looking for an extension for these $249 speakers, a simple ask and a bit surprised at how short the cord between the two speakers is.  I’d expect Bose sound engineers to actually understand how sound works and travels. The speakers are great, just need to be able to space them further apart. I’ll have to do a review on Amazon noting this feature.

Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2021

tried this Best Buy cord referenced above,  great idea but it’s not the same plug and connection and will not work.