jasonlaski
Participant
Registered since

May 24, 2021

Companion 20 not working after moving

Hi All,

I have an issue that I was hoping for some input on. Ive had a set of Bose Companion 20 pc speakers for about 2 years. I moved recently and my pc (and speakers) were in storage for about a month. Its temperature controlled and there was no damage in the move. When I set the PC back up in my new place, the sound doesn't work out of the speakers. It looks like everything is set up right, the power light on the pod thing lights up and when I reset it, or power cycle it, the speakers made a "beep boop" sound. But I can't get it to work.

I've got the audio input set to Digital Audio (S/PDIF). There is no other device in the drop down that it could be.

Anyone else ever run into this?

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
Jeff_G

Re: Companion 20 not working after moving

Hi Jason, 

Thanks for posting. 

I'm sorry to hear you've had issues with no audio on your speakers.

Are you connecting to your PC via the audio input on the back of the right speaker or via the input on the control pod? If you haven't tried one or the other, can you please check to see if you hear anything? Have you also tried using the system with another device like your smartphone? 

I'll look forward to your reply.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
jasonlaski
Participant
Registered since

May 24, 2021

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure I've got the ability to connect it any other way. The pod only has one cord and it goes into the back of the right speaker, and the USB goes from the right speaker into a USB port in the motherboard. 

Maybe I have a different version? The model number on the bottom of the right speaker is 406358. The manual from the bose site shows the back of the right speaker saying Audio in, and on mine it says "from computer." Also, it doesn't use the 3.5mm cable. 

Jeff_G

Hi Jason, 

There's an auxiliary input on the pod that matches the audio input on the back of the speaker. Its corresponding symbol is a circle with an arrow head located inside the circle.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
jasonlaski
Participant
Registered since

May 24, 2021

Ok. I unplugged the "from computer" cord out of the back of the right speaker and plugged it into the pod and cycled it a couple of times. Still nothing .

Jessie_O

Hey Jasonlaski, 

Thank you for your post. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing some issues.

At this point, I would recommend that you reach out to the team for further assistance. Your system may have developed a hardware fault. You can do this by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country, and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. We will do all we can to assist you!