Highlighted
BlueCanoe
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 7, 2019

Companion 20 questions

I brought a Companion 20 pair of speakers home for a trial.

Configuration:  Using the AUX cable supplied - running from headphone jack of a Dell Optiplex 7040 micro size directly into the speakers.  Using Windows Media Player to play ripped CDs.  Music ripped at high fidelity setting.  Pod not connected.  Sitting on the counter-top, the speakers have clean clear sound.  The speakers will be in my kitchen (~12' x 22'), sitting on top of the upper cabinets - in the 10" clearance between cabinet top and ceiling.  I will replace the Bose AUX cable with a 15' cable when placing the speakers above the cabinets.

Questions:  1)The ceiling is a little warmer than the temp at counter-top level.  Will this pose a problem over time?  2)The pod cable is not long enough to go from the powered speaker to my keyboard area.  Can the speakers remain powered-on constantly?  3)Do these speakers have Bluetooth connectivity?  4)The speakers seem to have good mids and highs, but my wife thinks they sound "tinny".  Is there a different set of speakers that can use a sub-woofer?  I have 10" clearance between cabinets and ceiling, 110V power up there.  I will consider an amp with passive speakers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Companion 20 questions

Author Accepted Answer selected by BlueCanoe

Hello BlueCanoe,

Thank you for reaching out to the community. I would love to assist you with the questions you have regarding your Companion 20 Speaker System. 

The ceiling is a little warmer than the temp at counter-top level.  Will this pose a problem over time? 

This will be dependant mainly as to how much hotter the temperature is. However if the speakers do keep overheating, yes this will cause damage over time. We recommend keeping the speakers at a level that you can observe your product and ensure that they are not overheating. 

The pod cable is not long enough to go from the powered speaker to my keyboard area.  Can the speakers remain powered-on constantly? 

You will need the control pod in order to power on your Companion 20 as well as use the volume controls. 

Do these speakers have Bluetooth connectivity? 

Unfortunately you are unable to connect devices via Bluetooth.

Is there a different set of speakers that can use a sub-woofer?

This will be dependant on what the main aims of your system is. However we do not recommend in expanding your system nor do we currently have any computer speakers available with a corresponding subwoofer. 

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M - Community Support 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Companion 20 questions

Author Accepted Answer selected by BlueCanoe

Hello BlueCanoe,

Thank you for reaching out to the community. I would love to assist you with the questions you have regarding your Companion 20 Speaker System. 

The ceiling is a little warmer than the temp at counter-top level.  Will this pose a problem over time? 

This will be dependant mainly as to how much hotter the temperature is. However if the speakers do keep overheating, yes this will cause damage over time. We recommend keeping the speakers at a level that you can observe your product and ensure that they are not overheating. 

The pod cable is not long enough to go from the powered speaker to my keyboard area.  Can the speakers remain powered-on constantly? 

You will need the control pod in order to power on your Companion 20 as well as use the volume controls. 

Do these speakers have Bluetooth connectivity? 

Unfortunately you are unable to connect devices via Bluetooth.

Is there a different set of speakers that can use a sub-woofer?

This will be dependant on what the main aims of your system is. However we do not recommend in expanding your system nor do we currently have any computer speakers available with a corresponding subwoofer. 

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M - Community Support