Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 9, 2020

Companion 3 Series 2 microphone control

Hi, My son has the companion 3, series ii for his computer.  He's trying to use iphone headphones (3.5mm with mic input) in his bose control pod.  I see pod has two 3.5 female ports, one for input and one from output.  

What cable connects from subwoofer to the computer?  I imagine at some point there has to be something to plug into mic port on his computer. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Companion 3 Series 2 microphone control

Author Accepted Answer selected by gregchew

Great question! I assume that you're looking to connect a microphone as the source of input audio? If so, this likely will not work as you say, because the mic jack on the computer isn't included. The audio input jack on the control pod is tailored for users with external sources such as CD or MP3 players, etc.

Are you looking to use a stand-alone microphone with your computer? If so, you may find it easier to connect it directly to the computer - this should then operate with the Companion system. Let me know what you try!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Hey @gregchew,

I'd be happy to clear things up. On the Companion 3 II control pod there are two jacks to connect to, one for input from another sound device and one for output to headphones. There should be a jack on the back of the Acoustimass module labeled 'From Computer', just above the 'Control Pod' connection, where you can connect the provided audio cable from your computer audio output jack into the module. Have you tried this yet?

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 9, 2020

yes, there is a 3.5 in audio cable that connects from the 'from computer' jack to the speaker output from the computer.  My main question is how do I use the audio input on the control pod, when no wire is connecting to the 'mic input' on the computer? 

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by gregchew

Great question! I assume that you're looking to connect a microphone as the source of input audio? If so, this likely will not work as you say, because the mic jack on the computer isn't included. The audio input jack on the control pod is tailored for users with external sources such as CD or MP3 players, etc.

Are you looking to use a stand-alone microphone with your computer? If so, you may find it easier to connect it directly to the computer - this should then operate with the Companion system. Let me know what you try!

View solution in original post