Highlighted
cb#38
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 17, 2019

Companion 5 Function Issue

I have had the Companion 5 for five years now, and the module no longer properly works.  The sound comes in very muffled, other times there is distortion and white noise, or there is no sound from the module at all-and yes, before you ask, it is turned up all the way.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Companion 5 Function Issue

Hi cb#38, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am deeply sorry to read that you are having some issues with your Companion 5 and would love to assist you further. 

Please can you check to ensure that nothing is connected to the headphone jack on the rear of the control module so u can ensure that the audio is going to the speakers? Another great step would be to perform a reset on the system by following these steps below: 

• Turn off the device connected to the system
  • Unplug the power cord of the system from the power outlet. Wait 30 seconds
  • Reconnect the power cord
  • Retest the system

I would also suggest that you ensure that the audio is also turned up on the PC as you have ensured that it is at the correct volume on the control module! Another thing that can cause an issue like this is the system not receiving enough power, so please test the system with another power outlet to ensure that this isn't causing the issue. 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps and if any other users are having a similar issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

cb#38
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 17, 2019

Still Not Working Properly

Tried your suggestion, and it seemed to be working fine for about an hour.  Now the sound just goes in and out.  When I purchase something for a an exorbitant amount of money, I expect value for that money.

Re: Still Not Working Properly

Hey cb#38, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! I am deeply sorry to read that the issue has not resolved this for you. 

As the issue still persists after the steps we have attempted, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our customer service team via clicking this link, then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Sorry that I wasn't able to resolve this for you via the community, if you have any issues reaching the team please do let us know. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B