Participant
Registered since

Dec 18, 2020

Companion 5 compatibility with new iMac

Greetings, recent purchase of new 2020 iMac 3.3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5 to replace my mid-2009. Will my Companion 5 system work with my new iMac? I will be upgrading from Catalina to Big Sur. I will also run Windows 10 via Parallels on new configuration. Had no issues with my previous mid-2009 set-up. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Companion 5 compatibility with new iMac

Author Accepted Answer selected by sdelsack

Hi sdelsack,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to use the Companion 5 with your new iMac. You'll have a choice of two ways to connect the speakers to your computer, either using the USB connection or a 3.5mm jack connection, depending on which is easier to use with your computer. If you would like a refresher on how to set it up, we have guides available HERE.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Companion 5 compatibility with new iMac

Author Accepted Answer selected by sdelsack

Hi sdelsack,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to use the Companion 5 with your new iMac. You'll have a choice of two ways to connect the speakers to your computer, either using the USB connection or a 3.5mm jack connection, depending on which is easier to use with your computer. If you would like a refresher on how to set it up, we have guides available HERE.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Participant
Registered since

Dec 18, 2020

Re: Companion 5

Greetings Keith, all went well on the recent install of my new Mac and adoring the sound system to boot!

Regarding my control pod; the volume adjustment ring seems to be breaking down over time as it has developed a "tacky" feel to it. To your knowledge is there a way to remedy this issue as the electronics of the unit are fine. Stay healthy.......