Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 27, 2020

Companion 5 control pod only produces sound for headphones

My Companion 5 computer speakers will only produce sound from the headphones jack.  If I remove the headphones cable, the pod light remains amber and tapping does not change the status.  No sound comes from the speakers and doesn't click when I press it.  Any thoughts on what might be the issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Companion 5 control pod only produces sound for headphones

Hey Scott,

Thanks for posting, lets take a look. 

Just to confirm, have you set your speakers up using the steps here? If so, what are they connected to? In terms of troubleshooting for no sound coming from the speakers, check out the steps here.

I look forward to your reply!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 27, 2020

The speaker system is connected to an HP Envy desktop computer running Windows 10.  The person who gave it to me said it was working fine.  I've tried switching out the usb cord - though I believe that is fine since I get sound from the headphones. I've disconnected it and reconnected it a couple of times - so I'm thinking it has reset.  Cables seem to fit correctly. I just don't seem to be able to get it out of mute mode.

Any additional thoughts you may have would be appreciated.

Highlighted

Thanks for trying that and letting us know Scott Mac!

It does sound like the control pod thinks it has headphones connected even when it does not. If you were to shine a light into the headphones port on the control pod, can you see anything stuck in there or any damage to the port? 

If there is nothing that seems to be causing the control pod to think it has headphones connected, I would recommend looking to replace the control pod next. The best way to do this will be by reaching out to your local support team. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!