Companion 50 headphone jack not working

Bose product name

Bose Companion 50

Country

Iceland

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

Computer

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

I've had the Companion 50 for about 4 years now and never had a problem. I have never used the headphone jack on the desktop module because it never worked originally and I didn't use headphones that much anyway. Now I have to use headphones daily and the headphone jack on my computer is busted. I see now way to use the headphone jack on the module. 

Is there an app or something I need to download in order to use the jack? The sound settings on my computer don't indicate any kind of software. Tried going through support but the support site for the Companion 50 doesn't exist anymore? 

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Has never worked. 

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Going through all cables, going through sound settings, disconnecting all possible cables and reconnecting. Still nothing 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Companion 50 headphone jack not working

Author Accepted Answer selected by arnorgrjot

Hey @arnorgrjot

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with the jack connection on the control pod of your Companion 50 system. I'll be more than happy to help you! 

It looks as though there could be an issue with the pod as you do not need to do anything special to get this working. Therefore, I would recommend getting in contact with your local team for assistance. In Iceland, the contact details can be found HERE. 

Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Author Accepted Answer selected by arnorgrjot

Hey @arnorgrjot

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with the jack connection on the control pod of your Companion 50 system. I'll be more than happy to help you! 

It looks as though there could be an issue with the pod as you do not need to do anything special to get this working. Therefore, I would recommend getting in contact with your local team for assistance. In Iceland, the contact details can be found HERE. 

Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Participant
Registered since

Nov 22, 2020

Cheers! It's good to know that the answer is the module. Thanks a lot, it's in progress now with the retailer!