Highlighted
Cutter1242
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 20, 2019

Difficulty Pairing Bose Solo TV Speaker to new Music System

Purchased a Bluetooth capable Bose Solo TV Speaker - works fine with our TV.  The instruction booklet for the Bose unit says it will work with other Bluetooth compatible component.  Just purchased a Bluetooth compatible Sharp XL-BH250 micro component system.  Have tried numerous times to pair these two devices, no luck.  The Sharp unit pairs with my Samsung cell phone almost immediately.  I followed the same steps several times with the Bose & Sharp units; have read and reread the instructions in both booklets - the units still will not pair.  Does anyone have other suggestions/recommendations beyond what the booklets tell us to do?  In advance, thank-you.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Difficulty Pairing Bose Solo TV Speaker to new Music System

Hi Cutter1242, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced with connecting to your Solo 5. I have looked into this for you, based on the specs for the Sharp XL-BH250 micro, this is a receiver of Bluetooth signal as is the Solo 5. This means that as neither of these systems is a transmitter, they will be unable to connect together. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

If you have any other questions, please reach out again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Cutter1242
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 20, 2019

Re: Difficulty Pairing Bose Solo TV Speaker to new Music System

Sincerely appreciate your quick and thorough response Jessie O.  Will admit, I was not very familiar with "Bluetooth" and made the wrong assumption that if a device said "Bluetooth", it would automatically work with another "Bluetooth" device.  You provided me a valuable lesson which I appreciate.  The Sharp Stereo is great and we will keep it.  Im sure we'll find another use for the Bose speaker.  Again, thank-you very much for your assistance.