Highlighted
johnstreatfeild
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 7, 2020

Docking station comparable with non apple devises

Is is possible to use my older Bose Docking station (30 pin) with a non Apple MP3 player?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Docking station comparable with non apple devises

Hey johnstreatfeild, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! 

Yes, you should be able to use any device that is compatible with the 30 pin input with the docking station. If the device does not fit this connection, you may be able to find an adapter to allow you to use the device with the SoundDock. 

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

johnstreatfeild
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 7, 2020

I purchase a cable to connect the audio out of my device to the 30 pin input on my docking station, but I'm not getting sound out. How do I turn on the docking station? When I plug my ipod into it directly, I can control it through the ipod.

Hi johnstreatfield,

Thank you for the update.

The SoundDock systems should turn on automatically when connected to a source like the iPod. If it is not doing so with the adapter you are using, it may not be recognizing the adapter as an input.

Do you get any response from the docking station when connected with the cable?

Kind Regards,

Keith L

johnstreatfeild
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 7, 2020

Hi Keith, I get no response from the docking station. I tried the docking stations remote control and it had no effect either.

John

Hi John,

Given that the docking station is not responding at all, it does appear that it is not recognising the source coming through the adaptor as an input. This does suggest that this adaptor may not be compatible with the speaker.

I would like to open this up to the community to find out if anyone else has a recommendation for an adaptor that would work for this setup.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

johnstreatfeild
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 7, 2020

I'm fine with you opening it up- I  would  like to be able to use the docking station with a non apple device.

Thanks,

John