driscolljed
Participant
Registered since

Feb 25, 2021

Echo on conference calls

Companion 5 

I've been using the Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker system for conference calls - using the Mic in my computer.  It produces an Echo on the calls.   Is there a recommendation (other than get a headset) as to a setup that will work or specific Mic to purchase?   Should I have an external Mic in the port on the control puck?    

5 REPLIES 5
Jessie_O

Re: Echo on conference calls

Hey driscolljed,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I'd be happy to advise on the echo issue you're experiencing.

In order to do so, can you tell me which application you are using for your conference calls? Or is it the same with different applications? 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
driscolljed
Participant
Registered since

Feb 25, 2021

Webex through company VPN.   Using Webex client 

Ben_E

Hey driscolljed,

Okay, thanks for confirming this. I'd be keen to know more about the echo sounds you're getting.

Can you tell me what sound is being echoed exactly? Is it your own voice, or the voices of the clients that you're speaking to? Or is it both? 🙂

I'm just wondering if perhaps your WebEx clients' voices are coming out of your Companion 5 speakers, and then going back down your microphone, which might be producing the echo.

I'm also guessing that you've tried calling several different clients via WebEx, and that the issue is occurring regardless of who you speak to?

One final question - does the echo happen on other VoIP software too? E.g. Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Skype, etc.?

Looking forward to your reply!

Best regards

Mehr fühlen, mehr erleben.
Neu in der Community? In unseren Community-Richtlinien findest Du hilfreiche Tipps für den Einstieg. Nicht vergessen: wir haben unsere Community-Ränge und -Belohnungen erneuert und verbessert. Schau sie Dir mal an!
driscolljed
Participant
Registered since

Feb 25, 2021

Well,  I'll  need to do some testing but its on the other end..other participants are hearing me echo.  The speakers are to the left/right of the laptop and I'm using the laptop mic.   

Jessie_O

Thanks for giving this a go @driscolljed

We look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!