markow202
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 6, 2017

Freespace 51 driver

The driver found in the residential Freespace 51 appears to be identical to a Bose 802 driver (also environmental)  is this true and what is the paper material coated in to keep it protected vs not using plastic material like the older Bose 151?

5 REPLIES 5
Vicky_W

Re: Freespace 51 driver

Hello markow202, 

Welcome to the forums. 

Can I please ask why you need this information? 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
markow202
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 6, 2017

Hi Vicky,

Just for my own knowledge, nothing else.  Fabulous speakers!

bstevens65`
Participant
Registered since

Jun 6, 2020

Ummmm.... Yea Vicky, Ummmm I'm not trying to be rude or hurt feelings here but, Markow202, ask a very good question, that all though I never would have thought to ask it, Intrigued to know the answer. However he ask you a question and you answered with a question, asking him why he needs to know...? Just thought Its was a strange reply to a good question, and boarder line rude.

markow202
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 6, 2017

Hi Bose,  any thoughts on this topic? 

Charlotte_G

@markow202 Apologies for the delay to get back to you. 

Whilst the Freespace 51 and the 801 both have 41/2-inch drivers, they are not the same. The impedance differs between the two. Both of the drivers are treated to withstand environmental conditions but we're unable to disclose what they are treated with. 

Sorry that we're not able to answer your question fully. 

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!