Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Linking speakers in different rooms

Hi, I just connected my Bose 700 sound bar in the family room. Then, I connected my Bose 300 speaker in the kitchen. Both are using Spotify. I can independently hear them both, I can click on kitchen, it plays. I click on family room, it plays. How do I listen to them both in sync? I want them to be able to both play the same thing, at the same time, and also independently.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Linking speakers in different rooms

Hey KFL!

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

Just to double-check with you, is the 300 speaker you have the Home Speaker 300?

If so, the way to get your soundbar and speaker to play Spotify together is by using the Bose Music app, and grouping the two speakers together. To do this, just follow these steps:

• In the Bose Music app, tap the My Bose icon in the upper-left corner.

• Select one of the products to be grouped.

• Tap the product image in the bottom-right corner.

• Tap Group.

• Choose the speaker(s) to group:

1.  To play from all Bose smart speakers linked to your account, tap + Add All in the SMART SPEAKERS section

2. To play certain speakers, in the SMART SPEAKERS section, tap the + next to the speaker(s) you want to hear

3. To group a single Bluetooth speaker or headset, in the SimpleSync section, tap the + next to the product you want to add. Or, if you have not previously connected to the product to be grouped, tap Connect a New Product and then select the product. Tip: Be sure Bluetooth is turned on on the product to be added

You can find more information on how groups work and what you can do with them on our website HERE.

Let me know if you have any further questions about your new speakers!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.