Highlighted
Jimiboehnert
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 20, 2019

Little sound from Acoustimass 7 Bass Module using a Technics SU-V60 Amp

Hi, I just got an Acoustimass 7 (DOM: 1996) Bass Module, 2nd hand, in pretty pristine condition to add more bass to my setup.

I'm getting very little volume coming out of the bass module but normal volume from the bass module outputs to my left/right speakers. Not using the center terminals as I'm using a stereo amplifier.

Stereo Amp:Technics SU-V60 (90w per channel)

Left/Right Speakers: Bose 4.2's

Hoping for your inputs as I've tried every possible connection and even opened it u o check for loose/damaged parts.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Little sound from Acoustimass 7 Bass Module using a Technics SU-V60 Amp

Hey Jimiboehnert, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Bose Community! Sorry to see that your Acoustimass 7 isn't performing correctly and I would like to assist you with this. 

Firstly, congratulations on the awesome system 😊. Can you please test the system with another audio source as well as checking the balance in the receiver to ensure that it is set to the middle level. If you have a test tone feature on this receiver this would also be very helpful to see if the system is correctly receiving the audio. 

Checking that the connections between the receiver and the Acoustimass is also a very helpful step to ensure that everything is firmly connected. 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps and if any other users have had a resolved a similar issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support