Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 24, 2020

My Bose Companion 5 is having distortions and I can’t up the volume half of the wheel

Hello, I’ve owned my companion 5 for 3 years already. It was fine throughout that 3 years. Now my companion 5 have distortions when I tried to turn up the volume more than half of the control wheel, it starts to have distortions and the green light on wheel turn yellow and stop working 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: My Bose Companion 5 is having distortions and I can’t up the volume half of the wheel

Hey kzskrtskrt,

I hope your Companion 5 system has served you well so far! I'm sorry to hear you're currently having some issues with audio distortion but I'd be happy to assist.

Have you checked all cables are securely connected and not loose anywhere, possibly causing the distortion? Also, I'd recommend looking for any damage to the cabling as this may cause problems. Does the distortion happen with all sources of media that you play from?

Finally, try a reset on the system. Simply disconnect it from power for two minutes, then re-test afterward. Let me know if you notice any improvement to the audio quality!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!