Participant
Registered since

Feb 21, 2021

No audio output bose companion 2 III

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Companion 2 III

Country

Germany

Firmware Version

newest

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on Windows 10 20H2

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

My speakers don't output any audio at all although windows detects sound. The firmware also can't detect any bose compatible devices (I am pretty sure the companion 2 iii is compatible)

What environment do you experience the issue in? quiet bedroom

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

It stopped working around when I was installing Cyberlink PowerDVD 20

Any troubleshooting steps you took

checked connections, checked other devices (they work), disconnected every other audio device, tried different applications, checked volume level, 

1 REPLY 1
Jeff_G

Re: No audio output bose companion 2 III

Hi 999, 

Thanks for reaching out! 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues hearing audio from your Companion speakers.

Do you experience the same issue if you try AUX IN instead of FROM COMPUTER? 

As the speakers work with other devices, this problem can be isolated to the computer, not the speakers so there are a few things you may want to try. 

1. The speakers are connected to your systems audio card, so it will need to be set as the default audio source.

1.JPG

Click the speaker icon in the taskbar

2.JPG

Click the playback device arrow above the volume bar

3.JPG Choose the default speakers/headphones

(on my PC, it's "Realtek Audio", but this depends on the audio card provider on your computer)

2.  If you're using a PC tower, your speakers may be connected via the green output on the back of the computer, but did you know the Headphones outputs work in the same manner? Try connecting the system via the headphone ports to see if you get sound.

3. Do you have a set of headphones you could test with the computer? Do you get audio with them? If not, try reinstalling the sound card's drivers. Go to Device Manager and reinstall the drivers for it. There is a Microsoft article with a full list of troubleshooting steps you can perform to remedy sound issues here.

I really hope this helps! Please let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!