No sound from Companion 5 speakers when using 3.5mm aux input; puck is green

Highlighted
Silent Starter

No sound from Companion 5 speakers when using 3.5mm aux input; puck is green

As the title implies, I'm unable to get any sound from the speakers when playing from an aux source plugged into the 3.5mm input jack, despite the puck displaying green.

I've tried multiple aux cords, multiple different sources, unplugging everything and setting it up again, putting in headphones in the headphone jack (no sound), but nothing seems to be working. I also do not have a computer to test out the computer input, so I don't know if it's an issue with the input or the whole speakers.

Anyone have any troubleshooting tips? Couldn't find any threads on point. Thanks!
1 REPLY 1

Re: No sound from Companion 5 speakers when using 3.5mm aux input; puck is green

Hey DavidRK,

Thank you for writing into the community. We're sorry for the trouble you're having, and we appreciate all the troubleshooting you've done so far.

Trying multiple sources tells us that it's possible there is an issue with your speaker but let's verify a few more things: 

Can you please make sure that the volume level is reasonably high including from the source device?

Please try checking the condition of the control pod cable. If any of the pins are broken or bent on the Acoustimass module connector, or if the cable is damaged.

Let us know your findings when you get the chance. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support