gavilank
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

Original Bose SoundDock - no sound with Ipod but works with Iphone

When I connect my ipod the screen shows that is charging, remote doesn't wotk but I can manually set it to play a song, then the screen sounds like music is playing but no sound on the speakers and remote does not work nor thevolume keys. The ipod works great on my car, on another ihome device.

I have an addapter for an Iphone on the SoundDock (I have an Iphone X)  and it works great with my iphone. Also, the remote works too!!

Recap: Ipod works on another docking speaker and car. SoundDock works with Iphone adapter and remote works too. But Ipod on SoundDock, does not 😞

Thanks in advace for the help.

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Original Bose SoundDock - no sound with Ipod but works with Iphone

Hi Gavilank, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue and would love to assist you further. 

Firstly, I would recommend that you test the Ipod with headphones and see if you get any audio. I would also recommend that you remove the insert from the dock and connecting the Ipod directly. 

Please also Reset your Ipod and ensure that it is running the latest software, as well as performing a product reset on the SoundDock this can be done via: 

• Remove the iPod from the dock
  • Unplug the SoundDock power cord from the power outlet. Wait 30 seconds
  • Reconnect the power cord
  • Retest the system

Please update me on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

gavilank
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

Thank you for you reply Hector B,

I have done all that, and still the same.

Like my original posting says, the Ipod on its on works fine. In addition to another docking station (Ihome) it also works with my car and ofcouse with the headphones. 

On the other hand the SoundDock works with my Iphone X (using the 30 pint to 8 pin adpatter). The sound is great (as one is use to with Bose) and the remote control does work with the Iphone media.

Hence the weird issue, the SoundDock seems to work fine with Iphone X and Ipod works fine with other docking stations or/and peripherals, but won't work together.

regards

ER

Hi Gavilank, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

Can you please let me know which software version the Ipod is running and what Ipod it is? 

Thanks,

Hector B 

gavilank
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

it has the latest software, one of the first things I did was to make sure the Ipod sofware was up to date. So I connected to my computer and it was up to date, I belive it is 2.0.4

thank you

Hi Gavilank, 

Thanks for posting and providing me with this information. 

Can you please also tell me which Ipod you have? 

Thanks, 

Hector B 

gavilank
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

Ipod Classic 7th Generation 160G

Hi Gavilank, 

Thank you for this information. 

Can you confirm if you have always experienced this? Or was it something that has developed over time?

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

gavilank
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

Sorry your questions were not clear. But if I understood correctly, if you are asking if the SoundDock worked with the Ipod before, the answer is yes. That is the SoundDock primary funtion, the Iphone was actually an add on. Hence why I'm puzzled. 

Hello gavilank, 

Thank you for answering that.

It is certainly strange. From the information you have provided, I believe that there could be a connection issue between the 30-pin male and 30-pin female. 

My best recommendation would be to possibly try a 30pin male to female dock extender cable or adapter to make the connection stable.

I can not guarantee that this will be successful as the fault could be with the SoundDock's 30-pin. 

I'm sorry that I could not help any further.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G