Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2020

Pairing Soundbar to Xfinity remote

Can the Bose tv speaker/soundbar be paired with the Xfinity remote? I want to control the volume with Xfinity's remote. If so, how do I do this?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Pairing Soundbar to Xfinity remote

Hi Art E.

Welcome! Thanks for joining us in the Community!

Is the Bose TV speaker you are referring to THIS one? If not, can you please let me know which soundbar you have?

If that is the TV speaker you are referring to then you may be able to control it with your Xfinity remote. If your Xfinity remote is a universal remote that can control other devices with an IR signal, then you may be able to program it to control the TV speaker. To do this, I'd recommend reaching out to Xfinity as they will be able to let you know whether this is possible, and how to program the remote if it is.

The other way you may be able to do this is by using HDMI-CEC controls if your Xfinity device and TV support this. To be able to use CEC, you would need the TV speaker connected to your TV using an HDMI-ARC connection and a TV that supports HDMI-CEC. When connected using HMDI-ARC, the TV speaker can send and receive control signals from other devices that support CEC, such as power commands and volume commands. What this means is you can turn the soundbar on and off, and control the volume from the TV remote, or control the volume or power of the TV from the Bose remote. 

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!