Powered Bose 901 series 6 lifestyle/mc compatibility

SOLVED
Highlighted
Silent Starter

Powered Bose 901 series 6 lifestyle/mc compatibility

I was lucky enough to purchase a pair of bose 901 series 6 powered speakers in gloss black. It seems as though they originally used a lifestyle 20 for signal. I was wondering if there were any other Bose media center systems that I could pair these with? It seems as though the lifestyle 20 was the choice at the time of production due to the speaker zones output. Are there any others that have that? Thank you for any and all responses
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Powered Bose 901 series 6 lifestyle/mc compatibility

HI sammy1185,

Correct, the older CD based Lifestyle systems utilized these connections whereas our DVD based ones use an 8 or 9 pin mini DIN and our newer consoles use molex connectors for our speakers to the console.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

4 REPLIES

Hi sammy1185,

Thanks for writing in!

Unfortunately, that LS 901 powered speakers were designed to work with that particular console and would not be compatible with the other Lifestyle consoles.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Silent Starter

I have them currently working with a lifestyle 5 system using a 5 pin din adapter.

HI sammy1185,

Correct, the older CD based Lifestyle systems utilized these connections whereas our DVD based ones use an 8 or 9 pin mini DIN and our newer consoles use molex connectors for our speakers to the console.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Silent Starter

Great, thank you. So it looks like with an adapter they may utilize other consoles. I appreciate your response!