Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2020

Remote Control Model RC-20

I have been enjoying my Bose Lifestyle Music System for over 20 years.  Lately the remote control Model RC-20 is barely working and I would like to replace it.  The system was bought in the USA, I currently live in Croatia.  My options of finding a replacement remote control in Croatia are limited.

Any suggestions? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Remote Control Model RC-20

Hello, 

Thanks for posting. Welcome to the Community!

The remote for this system is no longer manufactured, so the best recommendation I can give would be to check auction sites in your region.

Be aware you may run into two versions of the remote. A 27Mhz version, and a 40Mhz version. Get the 40Mhz version if you are Croatia as 27 is for US/Canada only.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2020

DA Franceschi <dadef69@gmail.com>
pon, 6. tra 20:29 (prije 13 sati)

prima Bose

Thank you for your reply.
Let me sure I understood correctly: there is NO other remote I can use with my Bose system since the original remote is no longer manufactured?  
If true, I can throw my superb Bose Life System away???  I find it hard to believe. Bose should be proud of having its system perform perfectly for decades.
Besides, the system and the remote were purchased in the USA.  In Europe it is plugged into electrical current converter. It has been working fine.

DAdeF 
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2020

Also, I have never rcvd an answer to my query to replace my old remote for Life Music System save that the remote for that system is discontinued and that I visit an auction site. Is it possible that Bose leaves its devoted customers in a lurch like this? Is there a universal remote that could work?

Waiting for your answer.