RAMPG
Participant
Registered since

Jun 2, 2021

Repairing Bose Companion 2, Series II speakers

Checked thread histories and there is nothing regarding Bose Companion II repairs. 

So, am I supposed to throw them in the trash and buy the competition?

I'm also looking into a Bose home theatre for my den and 901 for my music room, but, are those serviceable??

Bose product name: Bose Companion 2, Series II

Firmware Version: N/A

App Version: N/A

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on: Mac Mini

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: sound is flat, "carboardy", seems speaker foam suspension has rotted.

What environment do you experience the issue in? computer desktop

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? Occurred a few weeks ago; it did work correctly for years.

Any troubleshooting steps you took: I tried to open the enclosure but it was impossible.

2 REPLIES 2
Marvin_B

Re: Repairing Bose Companion 2, Series II speakers

Hi RAMPG.

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

The Companion 2 II service option is a replacement to Companion 2 III. Unfortunately, the 901's are not serviceable anymore.

You can select soundbars on our PAGE

Hope that helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
RAMPG
Participant
Registered since

Jun 2, 2021

Re: Repairing Bose Companion 2, Series II speakers

Seems like they never were serviceable. Are the Bose Companion 2 series III serviceable? I doubt it... I wonder why. Not sure I’d like to buy any more expensive equipment from Bose.