Participant
Registered since

Oct 28, 2019

Replacement for 701 series II interconnect cable

I'm looking for a replacement interconnect cable for 701 series II tower speakers. Part #357428-0010

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Replacement for 701 series II interconnect cable

Hi Mowgli, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community! 

I would recommend getting in contact with the team, we do supply most spare parts which need to be ordered over the phone. Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. One of the team would love to assist you!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 28, 2019

Thank you for the response. I actually did try that and I was told they did not have it and were not expecting any shipments of them. 

Highlighted

Hi Mowgli, 

Thank you for coming back to me! 

I'm sorry to hear that the support team we're unable to assist you. They have the most accurate information for your region. 

The only other suggestion I can provide is to try a third-party reseller or second-hand store. 

I'm sorry I couldn't be of further assistance to you! If there is anything else I can do, please reach out to me again!

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2020

Hey all, I have solved this issue, albeit it requires a bit of DIY. 

Using two lengths of speaker cables and very small alligator clips, you can make your own crossover cable.  I’ll do the best I can to describe the process.

First, cut two speaker cables the length you desire your speakers to be separated. Strip all eight wire ends about 3/4 inch. Attach the smallest alligator clips you can find to all eight wire ends. Are used 3 mm width clips and they were small enough for the accessory speaker, but not quite small enough for the main speaker.

on the main speaker, I removed the plastic housing, which exposes the four pins of the four pin connector. I alternately bent the pins in opposite directions, one up, one down, one up, one down, to create some additional space for the clips. I also modified the plastic shroud to allow the bent pins to pass through a new hole I cut in the shroud.

I then connected the pins on the main speaker to the corresponding pins on the satellite speaker. One very important note is that the outside pin connects to the outside pin, and the inside then connects to the inside pin. Think of your new connector cable like a rainbow. So, the far left pin on one speaker connects to the far right pin on the other speaker. When making the connections, be sure that no exposed metal from a clip or a wire is touching any exposed metal on another clip or wire.

it’s a slightly delicate set up but it works fantastically and cost me about six dollars in parts.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 8, 2020

Even I did the same but I’m not satisfied, maybe because I did it myself and it’s not the authentic genuine cable from Bose. Anyway I am still ready to spend some dollars if someone could find me one genuine interconnect cable