Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2021

SA3 not detecting AUX input

Bose product name

SA3

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Wanted solution: Chromecast Audio -> SA3 AUX -> Bose 251 outdoor

The SA3 in plugged in with the RCA in the AUX input. 

Switches AB is up, the rest is down

LED is flashing fast = expecting Bose Link input and not detecting RCA AUX input.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

I have tried to reset by pulling the plug on the SA3 -> no change

I am aware of the 30% limitation without potentiometer.

The Chromecast Audio is tested ok with a Bose Soundlink.

I hope that the Bose Community has some pointers for me to troubleshoot and mabye a solution 🙂

Thanks,

Bjorn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessie_O

Re: SA3 not detecting AUX input

Author Accepted Answer selected by Technixx

Thanks for all the information you have provided, Bjorn. 

Based on the information, it sounds as though there may be an issue with your SA-3. Therefore, I would recommend that you reach out to your local technical support team for assistance by clicking the LINK HERE, select your country, and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. We will do all we can to help you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Charlotte_G

Hey @Technixx, thanks for posting, and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am sorry to hear that you've not yet been able to set up your SA-3 & 251 outdoor speakers to stream your Chromecast audio.

Is this the first time you are using the SA-3? What primary Lifestyle system do you have connected, and can you successfully stream audio from there to the outdoor speakers?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Technixx
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2021

Hi,

Thanks for responding. I connect the Chromecast Audio directly to the AUX input using RCA. The speskers are connected to the amplifier. I don't have a primary system. The B switch on the SA3 is flipped up to auto detect AUX use, but it seems the SA3 fails to automatically detect the input.

Best regards,

Bjorn

Charlotte_G

@Technixx No worries, I just wanted to check as the process can differ when there is or isn't a Lifestyle system connect. It does seem as though you have the correct setup, so let's dive in a little further to see if we can resolve this. 

Do you have the Chromecast audio raised from the device? Also, are you able to connect any other devices via the AUX to the amp successfully?

Technixx
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2021

@Charlotte_G thanks for supporting! 🙂

Yes, the audio is raised from the device playing through the Chromecast.

No, I have not been successful in connecting any device through the AUX.

What I have tested:

Chromecast Audio to SA3 AUX - Does not work

Phone to SA3 AUX - Does not work

Computer to SA3 AUX - Does not work

I have disconnected the power between settings (various swith settings) and - "rebooted" the amps +30 minutes of disconnection  - does not work. The lights are still flashing fast as it is expecting a Bose link signal from the A cable.

I have successfully tested:

Chromecast Audio to Soundlink Mini - Does work

Speakers via other amps - Does work

Jeff_G

Thanks for getting back in touch, @Technixx

You've done the correct thing by raising the dipswitches in the manner you have. 

A controls Mono/Stereo outputs, having the switch up sets it to Stereo. 

B controls if you have local source auto detection on or off. In the up position, this is enabled. Perfect for what you wish to achieve. 

The amplifier is at a fixed 100% volume level so all adjustments must be made via the source device that is connected.

Is there anything connected to the BoseLink input/outputs on the amplifier? Also, have you tried using a different 3.5mm stereo minijack to red/white RCA cable for linking your source devices? 

Looking forward to your reply.

Technixx
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2021

@Jeff_G

Thank you for your guidance.

There is nothing connected to the amplifiers, except for the power of course, the speaker cables and the RCA input. 

Actually I have two SA3 and the behaviour is exactly the same on both which is very weird. 

I have not tried to switch the 3,5mm mini jack to RCA cable, it is brand new and I have also double checked that the cable is not broken. I tested the cable on a different amplifier and attached the speaker cables directly to the RCA and the sound comes out from the speakers ok. It was a bit of a hack, but after hours of testing I was getting a bit tired... 😊

Is it possible that the software on the amps have gotten into some kind of 'loop' and needs to be reset/updated, or is it possible to bypass it somehow?

Thanks, 

Bjorn

Jessie_O

Author Accepted Answer selected by Technixx

Thanks for all the information you have provided, Bjorn. 

Based on the information, it sounds as though there may be an issue with your SA-3. Therefore, I would recommend that you reach out to your local technical support team for assistance by clicking the LINK HERE, select your country, and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. We will do all we can to help you! 

View solution in original post