Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

Sound dock 3

On my sound dock III when I put my iPhone on it charges but it will only connect to play music if I tilt the phone forward on the dock and it also will work if I put the phone in backwards. Anyone have any ideas? Why this happens.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Sound dock 3

Hey Kenmiller726, 

It sounds like the port is either damaged or dirty, I would suggest giving both the connector and the charging port on your phone a clean and then retesting it. If it does not work, it may be that the port is broken. Check for any damage to the port and let me know what you think!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

Yes it is definitely the lightning connector that is bad. My iPhone 11 Pro Max doesn’t click any more when I cradle it on the docking or charge or play music on my sound dock III. My sons iPhone 7 if I jiggle it around on the cradle it will show its charging for a second and then stops. Can I get a replacement part for this. It’s an easy fix if I can get a replacement ribbon cable with lightning connector. 

Highlighted

The best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your speaker. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there.  

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

So I reached out to Bose to try and buy a replacement lightning part that my iphone sits on on my sound dock series III and was told I can't buy this 50 cent part but I can send my unit in and for 99 dollars they will look at it. **bleep** kind of company won't sell a replacement part that clearly wears out over time. Im sure I'm not the only person to run into this problem. I'm done with Bose. I wouldn't  buy another Bose product for anything. GFY BOSE!!!