Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 13, 2015

SoundDock 10 music stops after 30 minutes via AUX

I recently started using the AUX port on my Bose SoundDock 10 (Removed by moderator) with my Sony NWZ-A17 MP3 player The speaker sound turns off or goes to sleep after 30 minutes. When I press the volume buttons on the remote the sound resumes.  How can I prevent the Bose SoundDock 10 from auto shut off or auto sleep after 30 minutes?  This is not a one time occurrence ..It happens everytime I let the music play and then the music stops after 30 days.  Thank you for any advice regarding this issue

Amit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 13, 2015

Re: SoundDock 10 music stops after 30 minutes via AUX

Author Accepted Answer selected by amitg

Increasing the volume output level on the Sony NWZ-A17 MP3 player to 3/4 of max volume helped to prevent the auto shut off.  The music can play on indefinitely now that I know the volume setting on the MP3 player needs to be greater than 50% of max volume . The Bose Sounddock 10 does not shut down after 30 minutes .. an easy fix.. thanks  for the suggestion !

Amit

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Hello amitg, 

Thanks for reaching out, I am sorry you're having this experience. 

Does this only happen whilst connecting to your Sony MP3 player? Can you connect another product to see if this persists?

Have you got a sleep timer set on your MP3 player?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 13, 2015

There is no timer on the Sony NWZ-A17 MP3 player.  I use it every day with the Bose QC35 and Bose SoundWear and many other Bose portable speakers..no issues

I tried playing music using an iPod via AUX port.  The same result, Bose SoundDock 10 sound stops after 30 minutes..even though the iPod continues to play unaffected.  Again, pressing a button on the remote wakes the SoundDock 10 and the sound begins.

Amit

Highlighted

Thank you for updating us on this @amitg

Let's attempt to perform a reset on the SoundDock by following these steps below: 

• If an iPod is docked, remove it from the dock
  • Unplug the SoundDock power cord from the back of the unit. Wait 10 seconds
  • Reconnect the power cord. There will be an audible beep immediately after power is first connected
  • Retest the system

Can you please let us know if the system powers off when using any other sources or is this only with AUX? 

We look forward to hearing back from you with the answers to the above question. 

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 13, 2015

This issue only happens when using the AUX input.  The system was reset as per your instructions .. the issue persists.  I have used Sony NWZ-A17 MP3 player and Apple iPod playing thru the AUX and the speaker turns off/ goes to sleep after 30 minutes.  Pressing any button on the remote will wake up the speaker and sound will resume .. 

Highlighted

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I'm wondering if this may be happening due to the output level on the input device. Some of our products can switch off if a signal is not detected, but I see no reference to it on our SoundDock 10 documentation. To try this remedy, increase the volume on the external source device (in your case, the MP3 player) to 100%, then adjust the SoundDock's volume accordingly. Please give that a try and let me know if it helps. 

Thanks!

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 13, 2015

Author Accepted Answer selected by amitg

Increasing the volume output level on the Sony NWZ-A17 MP3 player to 3/4 of max volume helped to prevent the auto shut off.  The music can play on indefinitely now that I know the volume setting on the MP3 player needs to be greater than 50% of max volume . The Bose Sounddock 10 does not shut down after 30 minutes .. an easy fix.. thanks  for the suggestion !

Amit

View solution in original post