Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Soundbar 700 update firmware 9.0

Just last night my soundbar 700 got updated it took overnight not sure what exactly got updated, as only app was showing as installing updated but there was no indication from the soundbar.

However after this update I could observe the difference in the intensity of the volume as it has increased, also when I switch off my soundbar and agin put it on the volume bar automay starts from the highest level.

earlier this was not an issue can anyone help me out on the same and can we have the exact specifications as what exactly the update did or what fix. It's really strange that the update starts automatically ideally it should give us a notification 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Soundbar 700 update firmware 9.0

Hey @Aviraj,

Your Soundbar 700 would have recieved firmware version v9.0.14, which simply addressed bug fixes. Typically the update will be pushed through when the soundbar is not being used (in your case, overnight). I'm sorry to hear your soundbar seems to be acting differently, have you tried performing a reset by disconnecting the system from power for two minutes, just to clear any underlying issues? Is there anything else that stands out to you or seems different since the update? I'd love to take a note of this.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2020

The reset didn't work still my boss soundbar 700 starts from highest volume. When I put it on the very first time in a day.

This was not the case before the update.

Can you please help me out on the same

Highlighted

Thanks for coming back to us @Aviraj.

Can you tell me which source if playing with the high volume? This will help us to determine where the issue is.

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Source is Television, I feel even if I connect bluethooth it will be at the highest volume.

This only happens the first time in the day when I put on my Bose soundbar.

Please Note :- I usually switch off my main power button which is connected to bose on daily basis when I am not using the soundbar or TV

Highlighted

Thanks for letting us know that Aviraj!

Can you try turning it on and using Bluetooth, or a source from the Bose Music app and see if you do get the same behavior? It would be really useful to know if the soundbar always comes on at the highest volume, or only does so when using the TV as a source.

Also, could you let us know how you have the soundbar connected to your TV? Are you using the HDMI-ARC connection or the optical connection? It would be worth trying the other connection as well to see if it still starts at the highest volume, so for example if you are using the HDMI-ARC connection, test with the optical and if you are using optical test with the HDMI-ARC.

Let me know how the testing goes!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2020

My soundbar is connected to the TV through optical wire. Also please understand it's been more then a year tht I am using this soundbar but never I have faced this issue.

• This is only after the latest update tht has happend firmware 9.0, I really doubt now whether these updates are tested thoroughly before relasing it to the end customers.

Highlighted

Thank you for clairfying, Aviraj.

Have you had the chance to connect using Bluetooth or using the Bose Music app, to play music, and see if this issue persists? Also, were you able to try using an HDMI cable through HDMI-ARC, to see if the volume defaults to max when you try to watch through your TV?

Let me know what you find!