Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Soundbar 700 with 791 ceiling speakers combination

Is it possible to have the soundbar 700 communicate with 791 ceiling speakers? I am thinking of installing a soundbar 700 in my livingroom and 791 speakers in my kitchen. Is it possible to have these in combination wire / wirelessly?

I would like the option to play TV and music sound through the 791 speakers in the kitchen but also at the same time disable the use if not in the kitchen.

If this is possible what is the best method and what equipment would be required?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Soundbar 700 with 791 ceiling speakers combination

Hi Marty-85, 

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

Regarding your query, there is not a way to connect a Soundbar 700 to 791 speakers. 

If you have any further queries, please reach out again! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Jessie, is there no way to link the sound bar with the sound touch SA-5 amp which would then control sound to the in-ceiling 791 speakers? Thanks

Highlighted

Hey Marty-85,

This isn't something that would be possible in the way you are wanting to use the system. As the Sa-5 is a SoundTouch system, it uses a different app to control it than the newer Soundbar 700. 

If you wanted speakers connected to the soundbar in your kitchen, you would be better to look at the Smart Home speakers. Any of these will connect with the soundbar over the Wi-Fi to stream music and TV together. You wouldn't be able to connect any of these to the 791 speakers though.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.