friedplayer
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 18, 2019

Soundbar karoake

Hi 

I am currently using my soundbar for my tv via HDMI arc with no problems.

My wife bought a karoake machine - WOW! Fiesta Medley 2 which has audio disable on the HDMI cord. So with the RCA cord they provided I bought a digital to analogue converter to connect from the karoake machine to the soundbar. But I am unable to get any sound still. How do activate the optical part on the remote so it will work? 

Thanks

Troy

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Soundbar karoake

Hello friedplayer,

Thanks for posting this thread and welcome to the Community! 

That's great that you have a karaoke machine! As this is a third-party product there are no guarantees that the two products are compatible. With that said I will happily try my best to advise you further, could you please tell me which soundbar you are trying to connect to so that I can give you the most accurate information.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

friedplayer
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 18, 2019

Hi Zoe 

It is the SoundTouch 300

Highlighted

Hello friedplayer,

Thanks for getting back to me, this does seem the best way to connect by using the converter with the Soundbar's optical connection. As for trying to activate the optical connection, you should be able to set auto-wake in which the optical connection will be automatically connected. To toggle between auto-wake and the default power setting, press and hold the Power button on the remote control until the soundbar emits a tone: A rising tone means auto-wake is enabled; a descending tone means auto-wake is disabled.

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

friedplayer
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 18, 2019

hi Zoe

Do I need to unplug the HDMI in order this to work?

I am getting the rise time but no change in the sound.

Hello friedplayer,

Yes, you need to disconnect the HDMI connection to use the optical connection instead. If you have other components like a satellite box you would like connected then you can connect them to all via HDMI to your TV.

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

friedplayer
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 18, 2019

Still no luck.

Hello Friedplayer, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

My best recommendation for this type of setup, would be to have the WOW! box connected directly to the television using the HDMI port. Don't worry about the RCA/Composite connectors, as these will be used for older televisions that don't feature HDMI. Next, I would connect the soundbar to the TV either via the HDMI ARC port on the TV or if the TV doesn't support ARC, I would recommend using an Optical cable. 

I hope this helps! 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G