Sounddock not charging with new battery

Silent Starter

Sounddock not charging with new battery

I have a circa 2008 Soundock Portable Music System. The original battery has been losing life over the years and will now only play for a few minutes without the powercord plugged in before it dies. I bought two Bose replacement batteries (New ones). After having the Soundock plugged in for days with either new battery in the Soundock, neither will power the Soundock unless the power cord is attached and plugged in. After the first replacement battery (from China) I figured it was a bad battery, but the second battery I purschased through Bose. It has the same issue. The Soundock plays fine with the battery installed and the power cord connected to power, but as soon as I unplug from the wall plug, the Soundock dies. Any ideas what is wrong with the Soundock that the newe batteries wont charge?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Sounddock not charging with new battery

Hello CntyMnty, 

Thank you for reaching out to the community, Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your SoundDock. 
If your SoundDock is having issues with either charging the battery or using power from the battery, I would recommend you call in and speak with our Technical support team. 

You can find the contact information by clicking Here. Select your region and scroll down to the bottom of the page and select "Contact Us" 
You will find the details for the technical support line there. 

Hope this helps, If you have any further questions please do get back in touch 

Kind regards 

Liam G - Community Support

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic

Re: Sounddock not charging with new battery

I have the same SoundDock. Just a stab in the dark from me but have you checked the contact pins on the back of the speaker where the battery connects? Perhaps one of them is bent a little and are not making contact to the battery.