Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2020

Speaker Bass is Not Working Properly

Hello,

I'am currently using Bose Companion 3 Series it was gift from my uncle working as crew ship, but i have some problem with bass speaker. When i'am using more than 2 hour the bass will be died automatically. I had no idea what is going on, so i turn it off and leave it about 2 hours, the bass is start working again, and died about 1 hour again. So hard to find official dealer here ( My Location is in Bali ), what should i do ? 

Sincerely,
Bala

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Speaker Bass is Not Working Properly

Hi Bala,

That sounds quite unusual! To confirm, the bass unit seems to operate fine but will randomly power off after about 2 hours? Do the other Companion 3 speakers have an issue at the same time as the bass unit?

Have you tried plugging the system into a different power socket/strip to see if the issue persists?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2020

Dear Sam F, thank you for the reply.

1. To confirm, the bass unit seems to operate fine but will randomly power off after about 2 hours?
    Yes, it does. Bass operate fine, the sounds is great, but will randomly power off in 2 hours, even less than 2 hours ( Example : 5 munites )
  2. Do the other Companion 3 speakers have an issue at the same time as the bass unit?
    Well, i don't know about this. 
  3. Have you tried plugging the system into a different power socket/strip to see if the issue persists?
    Yes, i already do it. But the issues still same, need to power off the devices about 2 hours, then the bass start working properly again. Then, back to question no one.

Highlighted

Hey bagusbala,

Thanks for providing that information for us!

As one last thing to try, do you have another power cable that you could test with the speakers? The companions usually use a standard figure of 8 power cable. It would definitely be worth testing with another power cable to rule out that as the cause.

If using another power cable doesn't do the trick, I would recommend reaching out to your local support team. As you are in Bali, you can reach your local team using the contact information HERE.

Let us know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!