Highlighted
Arjun.De
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 23, 2019

Submission of my old spare parts after warranty period whereas customer is paying for the new one!

My Companion 5 controller was giving trouble while it was under warranty period. But somehow I ignored it foolishly as I was not sure of it  in initial stage. The sound was fluctuating while adjusting the volume. With time it got worse. It is not in the warranty period anymore. Regret not visiting the service centre in time thinking it is my mere doubt. Now, I have to pay for it and purchase a new controller. NOW, I am shocked to hear from the Bose Service Centre that I have to submit the old controller after paying for the new one! It is not a replacement, it is a paid purchase. WHY DO I HAVE TO SUBMIT ANYTHING WHICH BELONGS TO ME AND ONLY ME. Whether I am going to trash it in my storage room or going to do anything with it, it's no one's concern. If such policy exists, I would like to know its existence. Would appreciate if Bose puts clear picture on this to their trusted customer.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Submission of my old spare parts after warranty period whereas customer is paying for the new...

Hello Arjun.De, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

We are truly sorry to hear that this has happened to your controller. We are however glad that our team was able to assist in getting a new one to you. 

As I am not on the team in your region I would be unable to comment on their processes. For all information relating to your region, please speak with your local support. Via this platform, we are more than happy to submit feature requests, help with troubleshooting or give general advice. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us.

I am sorry that I am unable to help more. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support