weiny74
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

Unable to connect sound link air digital to wi-fi

Hi guys

I have had the sound link air for many years. 

Recently tried to establish it again however it will not connect via my wifi system.

I also have a Bose 500 which works fine. 

The led light is flashing with the blue symbol.  When I trouble shoot via the Bose website, it says top contact the developer as the software is 32 bit not 64 bit hence not allowing me to re-establish a connection off my MAC computer.  I currently run Mac OS Catalina 10.15.2.

Can anyone help me work out how to obtain the wifi connection again. 

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Unable to connect sound link air digital to wi-fi

Hi Weiny74,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you seem to be having with your SoundLink Air speaker. I will do all I can to assist you! 

Firstly, I would suggest trying to restore the factory default settings. I have included the LINK HERE to assist you in how to do this. 

Once complete, try setting the system up again. I have also included a video HERE which should help you set this up. 

Let me know how you get on!

Kindest,

Jessie O - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
weiny74
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

Thanks for the reply

sorry this has not resolved the issue. The problem is you can’t download the link as I have a MAC and the download is no longer compatible with current MAC software systems. Problem is for Bose to update the downloads. 

Highlighted

Hey weiny74, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! Sorry to hear that the issue still persists. 

Let's attempt to set the speaker up via the alternate set up method, this can be performed by following these steps below: 

• On the back of your product, disconnect the power cord and any connected cables
  • Reconnect power, then wait 30 seconds
  • On the bottom of the product, press and hold the reset button for about two seconds until the Wi-Fi light is solid amber
  • Wait about 30 seconds until you hear a tone from your product
  • On a computer or mobile device, go to the Wi-Fi settings and connect to BoseSoundLink Air Network
  • Open a web browser and go to http://192.168.1.1
  • Follow the on-screen instructions.

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of this! 

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
SeanMac
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 20, 2020

Bose:  Thank you providing this valuable set of instructions to update the Soundlink Air with Airplay so that it can be reconnected it to a home wifi network, updated with the necessary programming, and brought back online so that it works again!!!  I have been unable to use my Bose SoundLink Air with Airplay for many months because the app that used to do all of those things was out of a date and will no longer run on my Mac.

SHAME ON YOU BOSE for not updating the app or not offering this workaround sooner!   Further shame for burying these valuable instructions so far down in your website that it takes a serious expedition (and time) to find them!   This is the kind of thing that should get some front-and-center prominence for owners of Bose speakers, not some obscure little page hidden away in a lonely little thread.  

BOSE: PLEASE POST THIS WORKAROUND MORE PROMINENTLY and PLEASE KEEP YOUR SOFTWARE UP-TO-DATE with modern operating system enhancements.  The Bose soundtouch app not working with Apple Music is a COMPLETE EMBARRASSMENT for Bose.  I have loved your high quality hardware for years, and used to BRAG LOUDLY to friends about the ability to use airplay for seamlessly stream playlists from my iPhone to my fabulous Bose speaker.  It's hard to be supportive of your great hardware when it won't play anything due to lack of essential software support by Bose.  You have a great reputation...  don't lose it all (and lose your marketshare) by failing to keep up with the software support!  I want to be able to brag loudly about Bose!  I'm not alone, as there are easily thousands of people who own your products and who expect continued high quality software to support your high-quality hardware.  If Bose software won't work with Apple Music, then my Bose equipment is worthless and I will find another company.  Don't let us all down!  We know you can keep up!  

SPECIAL NOTE TO READERS:  If you own any Bose equipment and have concerns about Bose failing to keep its software up-to-date to play Apple Music / iTunes content, please either:

(1) like this post; or

(2) make your own post adding your facts to the discussion.  

As customers, we need to speak up and let Bose know that we want them to remain a dominant player on the audio scene, but that they need to support the latest OS and latest Apple Music / iTunes versions to do that!  Thanks for reading. Rock on!