Ohm-ish
Participant
Registered since

Jan 5, 2021

Using Companion 20 without control pod?

Hi

I just got a set of Companion 20.

The control pod is kinda nice, but maybe I prefer using my mouse wheel on computer to adjust volume.

My question is:

Could I use the speakers without the control pod?

Does the "automatic power" also turn it ON based on input signal?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Keith_L

Re: Using Companion 20 without control pod?

Hi Ohm-ish,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for posting!

You can use the Companion 20 speakers without the control pod if you would like. To use the speakers without the control pod, all you need to do is follow these steps:

• Connect the system normally as if you were using the control pod.
  • Unplug the control pod from the back of the right speaker
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet
  • Wait 5 seconds then plug the power cord back into the wall outlet

This will set the speakers to a fixed volume that can be controlled by the computer output only, until you reconnect the control pod. However, you can control the volume from your PC without disconnecting the control pod. As the speakers connect to the computer using a 3.5mm aux connection, the volume control on your computer will also affect the volume of the speakers independently of the control pod. 

The automatic power feature on the speakers is an Auto-off control, it won't also automatically turn the speakers back on you would need to manually wake them to use the speakers again.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!