Kpnbo
Participant
Registered since

Jun 7, 2020

Using remote control with earphones

Does anyone know why the remote control doesn’t work when you have earphones plugged into a Bluetooth adapter on the docking station??

8 REPLIES 8
Sam_F

Re: Using remote control with earphones

Hey @Kpnbo,

Could you confirm specifically what system you have? Is this your first time using this type of set up? Is the Bluetooth adapter from Bose or a third party?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Kpnbo
Participant
Registered since

Jun 7, 2020

Hello. I am using a 30 prong Bose docking station with a CoolStream Bluetooth adapter. I can use the earphones with this set up but not the remote. My father is blind and need the remote to control the songs and volume. 

Jeff_G

Thanks for getting back in touch.

To give us a better understanding, why is there a set of earphones plugged into the Bluetooth adapter? Could you not just connect the earphones directly to the source device that is streaming music to the adapter?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Kpnbo
Participant
Registered since

Jun 7, 2020

The docking station does not have an audio out feature but wether I plug the earphones into the adapter or use Bluetooth the remote has no effect. 

Tegan_M

Thanks for confirming this. 

Taking a look into the Bluetooth adaptor which you're using. It would appear that it doesn't support AVRCP. AVRC is a Bluetooth profile that allows remote control of media playback that sends "Skip forward/back" commands. What I believe is ocurring is that once the SoundDock remote is used to skip forward/back, the SoundDock sends that command to your adapter. Because the adapter doesn't support AVRCP, when it receives the command, it does nothing with it meaning your SoundDock will not react to the command. 

The only way around this would be to use an adaptor which provides this AVRCP support or to use the headphones directly with the device within the SoundDock. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Kpnbo
Participant
Registered since

Jun 7, 2020

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR ANSWER.  Do you know if the Bose adapter Ziocom is avrcp compatible?

Hector_B

Hi Kpnbo, 

Thanks for reaching back out to us!

This isn't something we can confirm as it is not a verified Bose accessory. However, some members of the community may be able to provide you with further information. 

If any members of the community have used this adapter please do let Kpnbo know. 

Kpnbo
Participant
Registered since

Jun 7, 2020

IAM so grateful for you help. Really appreciate it!!