Albertboulanger@icloud.com
Participant
Registered since

Aug 9, 2017

Why can't I order SoundTouch SA-5 amplifier? No longer available. Is there a replacement?

Looking to purchase the Soundtouch SA-5 amp for my 251 speakers, I see it no longer available from Bose. Is there a replacement? I already have (3) SA-5 amp, adding out door speakers. Please advise. Thank you Al 

7 REPLIES 7
Tegan_M

Re: Why can't I order SoundTouch SA-5 amplifier? No longer available. Is there a replacement?

Hi Al,

Thanks for reaching out.

The SoundTouch SA-5 Amplifier has recently been discontinued and we have no information regarding a new product at this time. I apologise for any disappointment this provides.

If you look into alternatives, you will want to use an amp with the following compatibility 10-200 W per channel, 4-8 ohms 😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Albertboulanger@icloud.com
Participant
Registered since

Aug 9, 2017

Re: Why can't I order SoundTouch SA-5 amplifier? No longer available. Is there a replacement?

Thank you, very helpful 

Mstyle
Participant
Registered since

Jun 12, 2021

If we are buying a non-Bose amp, how do you suggest listening to speakers and adding them to sync in your house because those amps can't connect to soundtouch?

Vicky_W

@Mstyle, could I please confirm which speakers you have that you would like to add the amp to? This will allow us to explore your options in further detail. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Mstyle
Participant
Registered since

Jun 12, 2021

Hi - its the 791 ceiling speakers.  I would like to add a room to the soundtouch app ability but without the SA-5 amp I won't be able to.  The only way I see the compatibility is with a separate soundtouch wireless link adapter into the aftermarket amp to add the room.  Do you see any other ideas to make it work?  Appreciate the reply

Charlotte_G

@Mstyle This would certainly work. You can use any amp of your choice that can support 10-100 W per channel, 4-8 ohms and that has the required input methods. For the SoundTouch wireless link adapter, you can connect is via Optical or 3.5mm AUX. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Jsadamson364
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2021

I am beyond pissed at Bose for discontinuing the SA-5 so soon after release. What a SHAM company. People invested heavily in this very expensive solution amd then this? You should be ashamed. I had a preference for Bose products for decades and I will NEVER buy another one. Ever. So pissed.