Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 20, 2020

bluetooth adapter not connection to iPhone; white blinking for about a minute then stops.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: bluetooth adapter not connection to iPhone; white blinking for about a minute then stops.

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Thank you for the update Buzzer!

As the pairing process is giving us that error, the next thing I would recommend you do is clear the Bluetooth pairing between your phone and the adapter. This way you can get a completely fresh connection to the adapter.

To clear the pairing on the adapter, all you need to do is press and hold the Bluetooth button for about 10 seconds until the Bluetooth light blinks white. When it is ready to pair again, the light will begin blinking blue.

You will also need to forget the adapter from the Bluetooth settings on your iPhone. To do this, open the Bluetooth settings on your iPhone and tap the blue “i” next to the Bluetooth device you want to forget and select Forget This Device.

Once the connection has been cleared on both ends, reconnect to the adapter with your iPhone as you have been doing before.

I hope this does the trick, let me know how it goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: bluetooth adapter not connection to iPhone; white blinking for about a minute then stops.

Hi Buzzer,

Sorry that your Bluetooth adapter is not connecting to your iPhone. With limited details, I'm not sure which product you are talking about. If you could explain a little further, I'd be more than happy to provide assistance where it is needed. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 20, 2020

Thank you very much for responding.  Well, I have the box in front of me of the product I'm speaking about and it is called the Bose Bluetooth Audio Adapter - its about 2 1/4" square, black and connects to Bose speaks so that speakers can connect to by bluetooth to my iPhone.  Just disconnected and reconnected everything including first turning of my iPhone and it still does not work.  The  white light blinks continuously for about 60 second and then stops and that's it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated since at the moment not possible to purchase a new one.

Buzzer

Highlighted

Great! Thanks for clarifying this, Buzzer. 👍

Ok, so are you able to make the adapter discoverable, connect via your iPhone and then the connection never establishes?

Could you please ensure that you are following these steps to initiate the connection?

1. Press the Bluetooth icon on the top of the adapter to put it into discoverable mode. The Bluetooth light begins flashing blue to confirm
  2. Put the Bluetooth device to be paired close to the adapter
  3. Turn on the device
  4. Enable Bluetooth in the device's settings
  5. In the device's Bluetooth settings, select "Add a new device" or "Search for devices" and wait for the device to search
  6. From the list of discovered devices that appears on the device, select "Bose Bluetooth Audio"
  7. If the device requests a password/PIN, enter "0000"

Let me know how you get on with this.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 20, 2020

"Ok, so are you able to make the adapter discoverable, connect via your iPhone and then the connection never establishes?"  Yes, exactly.  I've tried your steps (several times) and it still does not connect.  Please note I've made the connection in the past quite successfully using those same steps.  Now it is not working.  The message I get is "connection unsuccessful. Make sure Bose Bluetooth Audio Adapter is turned on and in range.  It is on and in range.  It does not work.  Aside from doing what you suggested (pretty much what I've done in the past) can you offer any other suggestions?  

Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Thank you for the update Buzzer!

As the pairing process is giving us that error, the next thing I would recommend you do is clear the Bluetooth pairing between your phone and the adapter. This way you can get a completely fresh connection to the adapter.

To clear the pairing on the adapter, all you need to do is press and hold the Bluetooth button for about 10 seconds until the Bluetooth light blinks white. When it is ready to pair again, the light will begin blinking blue.

You will also need to forget the adapter from the Bluetooth settings on your iPhone. To do this, open the Bluetooth settings on your iPhone and tap the blue “i” next to the Bluetooth device you want to forget and select Forget This Device.

Once the connection has been cleared on both ends, reconnect to the adapter with your iPhone as you have been doing before.

I hope this does the trick, let me know how it goes!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 20, 2020

IT WORKED!!!!  Thank you so very much.  Stay well.

Buzzer