Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 29, 2020

bose 301 wall mounts extension

Hi, 

I bought the Bose 301 latest model, and I will mount them on the wall using Bose WB3 wall mounts. 

I thought about extending the WB3 wall mounts, in order to have more distance from the wall, so the bass port in the back will not be close to the wall, as the WB3 wall mounts are very thin. 

is this correct ? will I have better bass if the speakers will be an extra 8-10 inch from the wall ? 

or should I just use the WB3 without extending them ? 

thank u  

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: bose 301 wall mounts extension

Hey Roee. 

Thanks for choosing Bose. 

The handy guide here will show you how to best position your speakers for maximum performance. It would be great for other users to share their set up and let us know their thoughts!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 29, 2020

thank you, but still there is a problem :

in the guide you have attached is says that : (page 4)

• Keep the back of the speakers within 18 inches (45 cm) of the wall behind them.

but is also says : 

To mount the speakers on a wall, use only the Bose WB-3 wall
mounting bracket. 

how is that possible ? the WB3 are very thin, so the speaker is only 2 inches from the wall behind it. 

which one should i follow ?

thank u 

Highlighted

@Roee. Thanks for getting back to me. In essence, this speaker has two speakers. A low-frequency driver (the big speaker behind the fabric) is for lower frequency sounds, like bass frequencies/lower-mid frequencies, and a high-frequency driver (the little speaker to the side) for higher frequency sounds, like treble, and upper mid frequencies. The position guides are for getting the best audio for your speaker. So these are the recommended positions. When wall mounting, this may not be possible, but it should not have too much effect on the sound quality as long as the speakers are not blocked. 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 29, 2020

Dear Vicky

thank you for the answer. 

I decided to mount them on the wall, using the WB3

thank u

Highlighted

@Roee. Happy to help anytime! Let us know if you need assistance in the future.