InSearchForArt
Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2021

bose companion 2 series iii sleep mode ?

Hello,

There is no sound when I wake up in the morning coming from my bose companion 2 series iii...

I put nature sounds on a low volume before sleep and when I wake up the sound is off even though my iPod is still running. As soon as I turn the volume higher/lower the sound goes back on immediately.

This is exactly what sleep mode is. I think this happens because the sound I put is on a low volume and the speakers simply think nothing is playing...

This is really annoying.

2 REPLIES 2
Keith_L

Re: bose companion 2 series iii sleep mode ?

Hi InSearchForArt,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for posting!

When playing audio at low volumes it is always possible that the speakers will think that no audio at all is being played and they will need to be "woken up" by adjusting the volume as you have found. I've had the same thing happen with nearly every set of PC speakers I've owned from Bose to Logitech to Mackies and what I have found is the best way to avoid this is to have the volume coming from the connected device set louder, and then turn down the volume on the speakers themselves. When playing like this, as the signal coming into the speakers is higher, the speakers don't stop playing and you can keep the volume low using the speakers' own volume control.

It may take some tweaking to find the correct balance that gives you the exact same volume you had before, but once you have worked out the balance between the two volume controls you will be all set.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
InSearchForArt
Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2021

Re: bose companion 2 series iii sleep mode ?

Hello Keith,

I will try this out tonight and let you know tomorrow how it went.

Thank yo for helping me out.

Regards